Hi there! Thanks for stopping on my website.
My name is Guillaume Bogard, I am a functional programmer with an appeal for statically-typed languages
and distributed systems.
I code mostly in Scala by day, and Haskell by night.
My hobbies include writing on my blog, making videos, going to the movies,
riding roller-coasters and making noise on mechanical keyboards that go click! clack!.
I work for Canal+, the french leader of pay-television and a global
leader of film production. We are handling 1M video assets and modernizing the internal video management tools
using 100+ Scala micro-services.
Here’s my résumé should you need more details.
Latest blog posts
I’ve had several opportunities to talk publicly about my favorite topics : Functional programming and distributed systems.
I also gave functional programming introduction classes to students in engineering. Here are some of my talks:
Functional programming training
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and producing educational content. I am an experienced
programming instructor and have taught functional programming in Scala
to dozens of professional developers and computer science students.
I can deliver training sessions, in English and French, covering, but not limited to
- programming with pure functions
- building HTTP applications using pure functional programming in Scala
- functional programming foundations in Haskell
If you are interested in in-person training on Scala and FP for you or your team, get in touch.
Open source contributions
- While working for Colisweb, I’ve built Scala Opentracing, a functional tracing library for Cats Effect,
Http4s, and Tapir.
- I am currently a contributor to Flora, an alternative package index for the Haskell ecosystem with mirroring capabilities.
- I have several publicly available thingies, mostly examples and slides for my talks, available
on my GitHub profile.
Get in touch